FAZE CLAN INC. - FAN CONTENT POLICY
Everyone at FaZe Clan Inc. (hereinafter “FaZe Clan”) is extremely honored by the interest shown by our fans, and we think it’s cool that you want to create videos, discords, artwork, social media pages, websites, and other stuff based on our intellectual property. At the same time, we spend a lot of time, thought, and money creating our intellectual property and need to protect it.
In most cases, using our name, logo, artwork, videos, member likenesses, and other intellectual property (“FaZe IP”) without our permission is illegal and a violation of our rights. So we created this Policy to explain what you may do regarding your Fan Content. In this Policy, “Fan Content” means: (i) your fan art (such as artwork, photographs, videos, and other materials) that is based on the FaZe IP; and (ii) your FaZe IP-related personal, non-commercial websites and apps that are freely accessible to the public.
Please read this Policy carefully before creating any Fan Content. We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time by posting the revised Policy to our website. Any existing Fan Content that no longer complies with this Policy due to a change in the Policy must be modified to be compliant with the Policy.
Section 1: General Rules
- You may create Fan Content based on FaZe IP as long as you comply with this Policy. Any Fan Content that violates this Policy is prohibited.
- All Fan Content must be appropriate for the audience of the FaZe IP and consistent with the spirit and tone of the FaZe IP (as determined by FaZe Clan). Fan Content must comply with applicable law, may not violate the rights of others, and must not be obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, offensive, objectionable, or harmful to others.
- Fan Content must have no commercial (i.e., monetary) objective. As an exception to this, fans are permitted to monetize web videos (such as YouTube) with advertisements, so long as those videos otherwise meet the requirements of this Policy.
- FaZe Clan, in its sole discretion, can revoke your permission to create Fan Content at any time and for any reason.
- You may not say nor imply that your Fan Content is endorsed or approved by FaZe Clan.
- Your Fan Content may not include links to any website that promotes, exploits, or hacks FaZe Clan or FaZe Clan’s website.
- You may not create or use any Fan Content in a manner that could cause people to believe that it is an official FaZe Clan production. For example, a fan website may not be designed to look like an official FaZe Clan website, and it must be clear to visitors that the website is not a FaZe Clan website.
- You may not use any FaZe IP in any manner that is derogatory to FaZe Clan or that may damage the value, reputation, or goodwill of FaZe Clan, its content, products or brand, including affiliated brands (as determined by FaZe Clan).
You must display the following disclaimer on or in connection with your Fan Content, including on any web page containing your Fan Content:
- Portions of the materials used are trademarks and/or copyrighted works of FaZe Clan Inc. All rights reserved by FaZe Clan. This material is not official and is not endorsed by FaZe Clan.
If you use FaZe Clan’s brand, logos, member likenesses, or other trademarks (“Marks”) in connection with your Fan Content, you must follow these rules:
- Marks must be used only in connection with discussion of the FaZe Clan products or business they represent. Do not use Marks to identify or promote you, your Fan Content, or any other products or business.
- Marks must be used in a manner that will enhance and not damage the reputation and goodwill associated with the Marks.
- Do not use any Marks in the name of a website unless it is clear from the name that the website is not an official FaZe Clan website.
- Do not register or use any domain name that is confusingly similar to our domain names.
Do not alter any Marks. Examples:
- The colors of a logo should not be altered, and the design and appearance of the logo should not be modified or adapted into a new logo.
Section 2: Your Agreements with FaZe Clan
Except for the limited permission described in Section 1 above, your use of any FaZe IP is subject to FaZe Clan’s Terms of Service, and other agreements you may have with FaZe Clan regarding the website, sweepstakes, and other materials from which you access the FaZe IP. Those agreements include important legal terms (such as limitations of liability, disclaimers of warranties, and dispute resolution), so please review those agreements carefully before creating any Fan Content.
Section 3: Do Not Send FaZe Clan Your Fan Content or Game Ideas
Please do not send your unsolicited Fan Content or ideas to FaZe Clan; they will be deleted without review.
Section 4: Enforcement of Rights
FaZe Clan reserves the right to take legal action against you for your misuse of FaZe IP.